Business Coaching


It's time to grab the pitchforks, fellow entrepreneur. Light the torches. Bar your doors… Frankenstein's monster is coming to town.

If you'll excuse the metaphor, it's true.

We see a lot (too many) businesses draw from many different resources to cobble together a business model that works. They take from THIS training, and THAT course, THIS expert and THAT coach, and what they end up with is something that looks like it was brought to life with a lightning bolt.

And the thing is, this cobbled-together creation might perform for a little bit. It might lurch around as if it works. It might even look like the real thing. But eventually—when you're attempting to scale or hire a team or launch a new service, for example— it'll probably fall apart completely. That's because it's made up of a bunch of individual parts that weren't designed to work together.

Our point is this: There are a lot of business coaching systems out there. Some of them even get results. But a lot of times, taking a little bit from each will actually be worse than just taking one as a whole and executing on it consistently. That's because, in every system that gets results, the parts were put together so they actually WORK together.

We've seen it at Business Law Group time and time again. A client comes to us too late, after trying to cobble together an iron-clad plan. Their business has nearly been wiped out from one bad decision—they ignored a lawsuit, failed to pay sales taxes or got embroiled in a bitter dispute with their business partner. The pitfalls are endless.

And you know the grim stats that probably deter lots of entrepreneurs: A whopping 80% of businesses fail during the first five years. If you survive the first five years, only 20% of those businesses survive the next five. Translation: You have a 96% chance of failure in your first decade of business, or 4% chance of survival. Those aren't great odds, are they?

At Business Law Group, we're entrepreneurs like you. That's why we offer an Executive Coaching System designed to help business owners and top executives like you drive better results, even faster. Our proven methods help you spot pitfalls, identify legal issues and gain industry perspective so you can take advantage of future opportunities. 

Legal coaching fills in your knowledge or skill gaps.

We like real talk at Business Law Group, and the fact is: You don't know what you don't know. Like everything else in life, when you're in business for yourself, you'll eventually reach the limits of your own knowledge and skills. If you don't continue to grow professionally, you limit your company's ability to grow. Worse yet, you might be stagnating.

Sadly, even if you earned an MBA, you probably didn't learn how to:

  • Spot obvious and not-so-obvious legal issues
  • Negotiate and formalize your key contracts with employees, suppliers, partners and clients
  • Protect your investment in your commercial leased space
  • Transform setbacks and failure into the jet fuel you need for rapid iteration and improvement.

That's why we love this quote from the ever-wise Rumi, “When you're setting out on a journey, don't take advice from someone who's never left home.” Good business coaching is built by people who are successful entrepreneurs themselves. They build programs based on sound theory and include practical frameworks and step-by-step processes for getting real-world results and making your company impervious to outside forces. 

The problem with many of today's business coaching programs is that they focus too much on mindset, motivation and emotions, and not enough on implementing proven best-practice systems, strategies and action steps that will actually grow your business

Even worse, many business coaching programs have essentially become quasi-psychologists for many lone-ranger entrepreneurs in search of somebody who'll finally understand them and the inherent loneliness often associated with founding and growing a successful company.  

When you hire a business coach who's also a business attorney and an entrepreneur like you, you “outsource” your mistakes and dramatically improve your odds for success in your business. It's a three-for-the-price-of-one value proposition. 

“I don't have time to work on my business.”

That's one of the top things we hear from business owners and senior executives. You're so busy working on your business, that you're busy not working on scaling or growing it

This is crucial. If you're going to scale your business and do it in a sustainable way, you need time and space to think about where you want your business to go. The Business Law Group Executive Coaching System provides a container for you to do some serious reflection, and then chart a business plan that will actually get you there.

When we start working with you, we help you get clear on lots of key areas in your business, including these:

  • How do you want your business to look in three to five years? 
  • What do you want to accomplish with your business? What's your intention?
  • Are you happy with your company's culture? Do you have the legal framework in place to make sure your culture aligns with your intention?
  • Do you have the right organizational structure for this stage of your business?
  • Is your personal wealth protected?
  • Is your intellectual property protected?
  • What processes need to be reimagined or reengineered, so you can produce results faster, cheaper or better?
  • Where do you need a breakthrough in your business?

Because now it's time for you to go further, faster.

There are two ways to get ahead in business: the slow way and the fast way.

The slow way is relying on your own knowledge, experience and skills.

The faster (and more practical) way is to rely on someone else's knowledge, experience and skills.

When you join our program, you'll work one-on-one with a business lawyer who's dealt with the problem or opportunity you're facing dozens (or even hundreds) of times in various contexts.

Our legal business coaches can help you get the results you want sooner rather than later.


“I've worked with Amanda for nearly a decade, initially to assist with addressing a commercial lease issue with a landlord. Since then, she has grown to serve as our outside corporate counsel for several businesses and nonprofit entities. In this role, she has helped us properly structure our rapidly growing businesses to minimize risk, negotiated multiple commercial leases, provided counsel on a number of employment issues, and most recently helped navigate the many significant issues related to COVID-19. As a successful business owner, I can't stress enough how important it is to have strong legal counsel, who acts as a partner to you and your business. I highly recommend Business Law Group.”

– Jennifer Weishaupt, Co-CEO The Ruby Slipper Cafe


If you're a business owner or executive who wants a solid plan to get your company performing at its maximum level, you might be our next mega success story in Business Law Group Executive Coaching System. Schedule your introductory call with us today if you're interested in getting started.

Who We Are

Business Law Group is a boutique business services law firm in New Orleans, Louisiana. Our focus is on understanding the legal pitfalls of your business and industry, as well as the secrets to maximizing your legal leverage at every opportunity and in every negotiation. We work selectively with clients that aren't ready for the overhead expense of an in-house general counsel, but understand the advantages of having a trusted legal advisor on their team. Amanda Butler has been ranked as a Louisiana SuperLawyer, New Orleans Top Lawyer, Best Lawyers, and in Leaders of Law.